FacebookMake My Morning Blog Hop 3/12. Read more … » is a powerful social network used by individuals and businesses alike. Facebook provides many powerful ways to reach our fans, clients, and friends via apps and other amazing ways of connecting. Facebook for businessThe Dirty Little Secret Most Entrepreneurs Won’t Tell You. Read more … » is fairly newBrag About Your Business In Style- Enthuse.Me Profile Creator. Read more … » but it’s very powerful. Many businesses are learning the secret to unlocking fan engagement on Facebook and here are just a few more tips from some awesome experts to help you along the way.
Ask for Help
So many times we as business owners are so busy being experts that we don’t ask for help. People love to help if you gie them that chance then you will find they will be more engaged.
It’s not all about you. No really it’s not about you. Showcase someone else, surprise them, share their business. That kindness will go a long way in passing your message along to others.
Be Real Not A Robot
Just be you. People love real people so be yourself and you’ll find more and more people will want to engage with you and your page.
Use Facebook Apps To Improve Fan Engagement ~Amy Porterfield
To get the most out of this real estate, you need to create a custom app strategy for your page.
Here’s a simple 3-step action plan to help you get momentum quickly with your new Timeline layout:
- Define your custom app strategy.
- Use a third-party tool.
- Promote and drive traffic to your custom app.
Best time to postMake My Morning Blog Hop 3/12. Read more … » on Facebook
The analysis showed that it was best to post during times when fans were not at work and between the hours of 8pm and 7am. So to increase your “likes” and “comments”, post during “non-busy” hours.
Best day to post on Facebook
Most of the brandsBridging The Gap – How To Connect Bloggers And Brands & PR Companies. Read more … » researched posted regularly throughout the week. To improve engagement it is best to publish on Wednesdays and Sundays.
How often should you post every day?
The research showed that quality not quantity counts when publishing to your wall. One or two brand posts receive 32% higher “like” rates and 73% comment rates compared to posting 3 or more times a day.
Retail brand Wall Posts less than 80 characters in length receive 66% higher engagement than longer Posts. Very concise Posts – those between one and 40 characters – generate highest engagement. Only 5% of all retail brand Wall Posts are less than 40 characters in length, even though these receive 86% higher fan engagement.
Fans engage well with couponsWant Great Deals On Hotels And Sporting Events Visit Coupons 4 U.com . Read more … ». When offering coupons, don’t make fans do the math. The data indicates that “$ off” offers generate twice the engagement of “% off” offers for the retail industry. Even small “$ off” discounts – less than $10 – receive 17% higher engagement than “% off” promotions, showing that fans prefer tangible cash discounts, even if the actual dollar discount is small.
So how can you get fans engaged? Here’s a few easy tips:
- Questions: Ask simple questions, like: “What’s your favorite holiday destination, and why?”.
- Fill-in-the-blanks posts: Posts that will encourage your fans to fill in the blanks to complete a sentence, such as “(Fill in the blanks) _______ is my favorite BMW”.
- Post photosWant To Make Money Online- Blog Outside The Box. Read more … » and ask a Question: such as “Where do you think this picture is taken?”
- Post a video and ask about a specific moment in it, such as “What do you think that guy is doing at 1:43?”
- Talk about the news: Select something that’s currently getting a lot of conversation especially if you can tie it to your industry, community or something of interest to your fans, and invite discussion on your page.
- Ask for likes: Simply post updates such as “Like this if you can’t wait for the weekend to begin!”
- Caption contestsOne Mom Wins It All Mother Load Mothers Day Giveaway $700 In Prizes & Cash. Read more … »: Post a funnyTop 10 Blogging Tips That Will Definitely Get You Beat UP . Read more … » photo and ask fans to give a title.
- Ask hypothetical questions: , such as “One-way flight anywhere you choose. MoneyWho Wants To Make Money Blogging. Read more … »’s not an issue. Where do you go?”
Focus on the fans~ Lea Chastine
Your fans are passionate about something. Tap into your fans’ passions to determine what type of messaging or content they’ll respond to with the greatest enthusiasm. Give your fans a platform to express these passions—you can do so through asking questions directly on your Facebook page or by hosting some type of contestPrize Details For The Mother Load Mothers Day Giveaway Over $700 In Cash & Prizes. Read more … » where your fans have to submit their own content.
2. Ask simple, closed questions
A great way to engage fans is to ask them questions on your page where they can leave comments. Make your questions as quick and easy to answer as possible, ensuring easy engagement. Engagement that requires less effort is often popular among fans because it is simply more convenient.
GE asks its fans a simple, engaging question.
3. Tell them what you want
Use clear, concise language in your posts to let your fans know what you want them to do. For example, if you’ve just uploaded a photo to your Timeline, you can tell your fans to “like” the post or comment on it if they have anything to add.
4. Give your fans the VIP treatment
The #1 reason fans “like” a brand on Facebook is to get access to exclusive content, promotions, and deals. Give them incentive to keep coming back to your page by hosting contests, promoting premium content, and offering deals to fans. Make them feel special and appreciated.
5. Interact on a personal level
Address your fans by name whenever possible and respond to their comments one-on-one. Ask them questions when they respond to posts on your Timeline to find out their opinion about something. See if they can give you suggestions for improvement, and act on them.
6. Humanize your brand
Add personality to your brand’s name for better engagement from fans. Give them a behind-the-scenes look into your business. Any messaging that humanizes your brand or adds depth to its personality typically goes over extremely well with fans.
- Leverage Facebook’s capabilities to build a strong online community. There is a big difference between having a Facebook page and building a strong community on Facebook. Having a community manager who adds relevant content and provides stimulus for followersIncrease Your Blog Followers With The Make My Morning Blog Hop 5/19. Read more … » to interact daily helps build a community that fans want to join.
- Engage your community by asking them questions about what is important to them. In any conversation, it is powerful to listen. Ask relevant questions and listen to your followers’ answers. Thank them for their input.
- Let followers ask question on Facebook to be answered by your company’s experts. It is likely that many consumersWant To Make Money Online- Blog Outside The Box. Read more … » will have the same question, and you educate the entire community by providing answers. Over time, you may see other consumers serving as experts to answer questions from others in the community.
- Ask followers to give product feedback on Facebook. Most followers are likely users and fans of your products. They are likely to share positive feedback for others to see. Provide them opportunities to talk about your products. Reward them when they share great information (see #8).
- Take negative consumers offline to resolve their problems quickly. Unhappy customers can be noisy and disruptive to a community if their problems are left unresolved. Contact them and ask to talk offline so you can quickly understand and resolve their issues. Once you have, ask them to talk about what you did on Facebook. If handled well, many detractors become advocates for your brand.
- Use Facebook to communicate your new news and introduce new products. Your followers are more interested than most consumers in news about your products and brand. They will likely be early adopters and advocates that can help build word of mouth BUZZ about your new products. Share news on Facebook – it keeps fans engaged and rewards them for following you. If budgets allow, regularly add new video of your products and other news.
- Crosslink your Facebook page with other relevant web and social mediaHow To Use Pinterest. Read more … » pages. You can add value by communicating links to relevant web content including upcoming brand events and promotions. Links to promotion partners or brand charity partners also add information and interest.
- Create “Random Acts of Kindness.” Give away your product to followers on random days without condition. Surprising selected followers with a gift for a good answer to a question or helping another fan with an issue will delight your fans. Giving away samples of your new products gets your fans talking and helps create early vocal advocates for the new product on Facebook.
- Leverage your offline and online marketingHow To Make Money Blogging. Read more … » to build your Facebook community. Communicate your Facebook page and give consumers reasons to go there. Consistently communicating your Facebook page in your consumer communication will help drive trafficMake My Morning Blog Hop- Week 13 Increase Your Blog Traffic. Read more … » and build your community.
If some of these approaches are new to you, test them out for your brand. Executing these tactics can enlarge your Facebook community membership, s
Techniques from Jim Belosic
#1: Post Fan-Centered Status Updates
Facebook runs on a system called EdgeRank. The amount of people who are able to view your posts and updates directly correlates with how high your EdgeRank is. Simply put, more EdgeRank means more exposure. The only way to increase it is to have more people comment and share your posts and updates. Thus, it is vital to post items that draw the attention of fans and follows. Ask questions or run polls. Do anything that will increase their engagement and want for interaction.
#2: Start Conversation with Relevant Content
Share interesting and fun material. No one wants to see advertisements on their newsfeed. Facebook is supposed to represent social networking and light-hearted fun. Share posts and updates that are relevant and interesting. This works the same for all other platforms.
#3: Enable Sharing and Get Traffic
Add a share button to everything. EVERYTHING!
#4: Create Action-Based Incentives
Personally, I usually fall for these. “Like us” and get a free sample or coupons. Give people a reason to subscribe and like you. Give them freebees. This is one of the first keys to success as mentioned by Frank Kenny.
#5: Harness the Power of Fan-Gates
This is very similar to tip 4, but with one difference—it also targets nonfans. Run a contest or promotion that will draw fans to your site.
#1: Posting between 8A.M. to 7 P.M. will receive 20% more fan engagement.
#2: Wednesdays and Sundays are the best days to post.
#3: Posting 1 or 2 quality materials will receive more likes and comments than posting 3 times a day.
#4: Posting 4 or less a week will increase higher user engagement.
#5: Use 80 characters or less. 66% higher engagement than longer posts.
#6: Ask questions!
#7: Fill in the blank posts are 9 times more effective than regular posts.
#8: Use the right words: Posts and offers containing “$ off” and “coupon” received the most engagement.
#9: Fans do not like math. Numbers show that fans prefer “$ off” rather than “% off.”
#10: KISS. Keep it simple, stupid. Fans like simplicity so don’t overwhelm them.
Posts related to The Secrets To Unlocking Fan Engagement On Facebook By 7 Top Experts
Facebook has released details about a new feature Facebook Promoted Poststhat allows businesses,entrepreneurs and more to quickly promote their posts and …
How To Find Great Blog Topics To Write About If you are a blogger who is having trouble coming up …
OK so like I said I want to journal my experience in the hopes it will help you so here …
People write and ask all the time,” How can I improve my blog traffic and increase comments?” Naturally comments come …