So Today marks the start of a newBridging The Gap – How To Connect Bloggers And Brands & PR Companies. Read more … » series of posts and today I’ll cover How To Blog:Blogging Basics For beginners starting with picking a blogHow Do Mompreneurs Balance Life Work And Family. Read more … » platform.
I’m not sure how long or how short this series will be but I intend to give you some of the most powerful bloggingProductive Day of Blogs, Website Design, Ebooks, & Matilda Laughing. Read more … » tips and resources for your blog available.
This series will cover how to increase community interaction and comments. How to choose your niche or does a niche really matter. How to increase your GoogleMake My Morning Blog Hop 3/12. Read more … », & Alexa rankings. How to create compelling blog titles that will cause readers to follow your content and so much more.
Some of the posts will be written my me and I may add some of my friends guest postMake My Morning Blog Hop 3/12. Read more … » into this series. Either way hang on to your keyboards because we are going to have a great ride.
Here we go. How To Choose A Blog Platform
What do you hope to accomplish with your blog? What goals do you have?
- Is this blog a hobby or will you make my living with this blog?
- Do you want to advertiseMake Money Blogging 5 Tips For Busy Women. Read more … » on your blog?
- Will you blog for years to come or only until next month?
When thinking about which platform to choose you will also need to think about design. Either you can spruce your site up or hire someone. Every platform has free templates that make it pretty easy to design something yourself. However some are slightly more complex than others.
I had an awesome guy do mine ( I say guy because he says he’s not a designer otherwise I would have called him my designer)- Brent if you’re reading this “You are my SUPER DUPER!” He did a great job.
Not everyone loves WordPress like I do so if you want to see a great example of the different platforms that other people use Darren At ProbloggerThe Truth About Darren Rowse And @Problogger. Read more … » did a great poll you can find it here :Darren At ProBlogger
While deciding which platform you’d like to choose make sure you realize that you can have it hostedMake My Morning Blog Hop 3/12. Read more … » for you like Blogger they handle that, or self hosted like this blog on Hostgator.
Don’t be intimated by hosting a blog yourself it’s very easy and anyone can do it.
Here is the Good , The Bad, And the Ugly with both.
If you choose to have it hosted like Blogger.com:
- Free or Super cheap
- Tons of free backgrounds easy to design yourself
- Not as much freedom
- Your URL is mompreneurHow Do Mompreneurs Balance Life Work And Family. Read more … ».blogspotA Blogger’s Book Review Of Get Famous Mom Bloggers Resource That Left Me Humbled. Read more … ».com instead of www.mompreneurmogul.com
- Your site may look like many others
- Without paying something you’ll have that blogspot by your site name. If you have that right now, I’m not really saying it’s ugly but it will look more professional with your own domain. For tips on how to get a super cheap domain & hosting if you don’t want hostgator and your on the blogger platform check out this post here.
Basically it all comes down to choices. What do you want to do with your blog. Most bloggers are super friendly and eager to help so just ask. Also Google is my best friend. Chad ( my husband) said if it weren’t for Google I wouldn’t know anything. I would never admit to that but I do use it a lot. So research and pick what is best for you.
I know some of you have some awesome tips or experiences on the different platforms be sure to share those comments and tips below so everyone can learn together.